Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sugar sugar


Hello! :D
Today I will join again the Matching Manicures Sunday. Today's theme is a skittlette manicure and here is my version.



 skit·tle·tte
Not quite a full skittles look, a skittlette manicure is one with at least two different accent nails.  Pick any formation you wish, but for a true skittlette at least two nails need to be the same (the others can all be different) OR two pairs of identical nails and a different nail. (text form So nailicious blog)




I chose a Spun sugar manicure cause I wanted to try it too. This was the theme from some weeks ago but I didn't participate at that time so I wanted to incorporate it in this skittlette.
I decided to apply a satin top coat only on two fingers, the middle and the ring finger. Then I made the supn sugar effect. It's very easy to make, you only need to put some nail polish on aluminum foil (or some plastic surface) and wait till it dries enough to become thick and "stringy". Next step is to use a toothpick to apply it on the nail making the stripes.
I really like the result!!! It looks delicate and sweet! :3



 Here is a picture of my right hand too.


Material used:

- Essence studio nail anti-split nail seal
- Essence Love letters 01 Rosy in love
- Essence Love letters 02 I got a crush on blue
- Essence nail art Satin matt
- Essence better than gel nails Top coat
- heart rhinestones
- aluminum foil
-  toothpick




What do you think about this nail art? Do you like skittlette manicures? Ave you ever tried the Spun Sugar?

Don't forget to check also the others manicure :)


54 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photos! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so sweet and elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful nail art and gorgeous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spettacolare! mi piace molto la sugar spun ma non l'ho mai provata! Sono sempre un disastro con le nail art...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie! :)
      Per me questa è la prima sugar spun...non pensavo che mi sarebbe piaciuta cosi tanto :)

      Delete
  5. I like it a lot, lovely colours, well done! I did spun sugar nails a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like very much this combination of colors :)

      Delete
  6. Ciao! È molto delicata e ben fatta questa manicure! Mi piace la scelta dei colori e dei glitterini!
    Un abbraccio.,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a perfect and well executed Sugar spun mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ti è venuta benissimo!!!! E che belli sono i colori!! Cmq non è mica facile la sugar spun, io ho provato 3 o 4 volte e non son mai riuscita a tirare su lo smalto tipo string :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diciamo che è più facile dirlo che farlo...Ho avuto qualche leggero intoppo all'inizio però alla fine è andato tutto bene.

      Delete
  9. Not a huge fan of sugar spun nails but these are perfect! Love your colour combo and pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I also like how this manicure came out :)

      Delete
  10. Spun sugar nikada nisam probala da uradim, deluje mi pipavo. :D Super ti je ispalo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puno ti hvala! :)
      Recimo da je malo teže nego što sam mislila...

      Delete
  11. Really amazing mani, I love this design :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours you picked, they are so cute and pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divim se tvom talentu :) Lepi su ti nokti- ova manikura je odlična, i prvi put čujem za to ime manikure :) xx Maja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meni je ovo prezanimljivo, odlicno je ispalo, svidjaju mi se boja :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a gorgeous look! I don't really agree with the definition, I mean, one could do whatever she pleases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Well I started to like skittlettes maybe more than skittle (where all the nail are different) or accent (only one nail i different) manicures. But everyone can choose what she likes more.

      Delete
  16. First of all thank you very much for living on my blog such nice comments! I appreciate it a lot.
    I am glad that you wrote me because this why I found your fantastic blog. I browsed a little bit and saw stunning and perfectly done manicures! So, you've got a new follower :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following back and visiting my blog! :D
      When I find some interesting nail art or blog I check it out... and this is how I found you blog ;)

      Have a nice day too! xx

      Delete
  17. Complimenti due volte: la prima per avere avuto il coraggio di provare la sugar spun, la seconda per come ti è venuta, davvero perfetta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie!! :D
      Sono molto soddisfatta della riuscita di questa nail art! :)

      Delete
  18. Awesome mani, I like the look a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, so beautiful! Your sugar spun nails are just perfect - I've never been able to master this technique and your colours and studs set this manicure off so beautifully! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Yeah the sugar spun technique is a little bit tricky

      Delete
  20. i mislim se kako mi je ovaj nježni sivac poznat ;)
    dobro si ovo složila, me like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jedino sto mogu reci je WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Predivna kombinacija boja i odlične fotke :D

    ReplyDelete
Feel free to leave a comment if you like.I am always happy to read them!:)
You can write in English, Croatian, Italian or French as you prefer.
But please don't spam (add link to you blog, sub4sub etc...). If you are new to the blog I will check you profile/blog on my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...